Thursday, 1 December 2011

Eighth Field Experience

11.30.11


No focus question.


Being our last field experience day with A it was actually harder to say goodbye then I expected. We had math with the Grade 3s, then prep time the rest of the afternoon. We helped A shelf books and tidy up the library. Since A will be having her baby soon, my partner "J" and I gave A a baby gift and a thank you card for her time with us these past eight weeks. A was extremely happy with our gift and seemed genuinely surprised, and she actually had a thank you card for us as well. We hugged and said goodbye and wished each other well.


Being in the school for these field experiences were very enjoyable. At first being in the library was surprising, but after being able to experience so many different students in so many different grades it was really a great learning experience. As well in my case being able to be at two different schools with A was great to see the differences between the schools, such as the first school has much more diversity within the student population then the second school did. Seeing A use different methods of teaching, teaching different subjects to many different grades, as well as teaching many students from non-Canadian born backgrounds, it was nice being able to experience teaching first hand rather then just reading about it or hearing about it.  It was a great experience, and I'm looking forward to ECS 200 for our next field experience.

1 comment:

  1. As you look at your 'whole' experience you are able to see all that you learned. How thoughtful of you to give a gift for A's baby. I know she would have been very touched by your kindness. You and J made a great field experience team and I know that A will miss you, too. P.S. I've been trying to post for over an hour - have never had this much trouble. If it ever works, you may get the same comment repeated many times. Julie

    ReplyDelete